Is my purchase an original or a forgery? For art collectors, there is an ever-present risk that your purchases later turn out to be forgeries. Recognizing art forgeries requires almost expert-level knowledge. It’s always interesting to learn the story behind an art forger and discover what leads them to this. During your visit, Museum Vledder’s expert tour guides will explain how the works of many famous artists such as Appel, Picasso, Dali, Chagall, Matisse et al. were faked.
Besides art forgeries, the Contemporary Glass Art and Drenthe paintings collections are a must-see for enthusiasts, as well as temporary exhibitions of work by northern Dutch artists. The museum gift shop offers a range of exclusive glass art and beautiful, affordable glass jewellery and souvenirs. Visitors can also take a walk through the sculpture garden.
- every Mondayclosed
- every Tuesdayclosed
- every Wednesdayfrom 11:00 to 17:00
- every Thursdayfrom 11:00 to 17:00
- every Fridayfrom 11:00 to 17:00
- every Saturdayfrom 11:00 to 17:00
- every Sundayfrom 11:00 to 17:00
- Note: opening times may be different during public holidays
- See website for actual openingtimes Museum closed till march 29th 2019