Carousel, use arrow keys to navigate.
The Hunebedcentrum in Borger on Drenthe’s Hondsrug sand ridge takes you back to prehistoric times when the first farmers settled in Drenthe. These farmers built impressive headstones, the remains of which can still be seen in the Drenthe countryside. There are 54 remaining and the largest is right next to the centre.
The Oertijdpark has opened next to the museum. There, you can see what life was like for our ancestors on their farms. Take a walk through 150,000 years of Drenthe history.
Not to be missed on your visit to De Hondsrug UNESCO Geopark.
- Facilities: E-bike charging point
- every Mondayclosed
- every Tuesdayfrom 10:00 to 17:00
- every Wednesdayfrom 10:00 to 17:00
- every Thursdayfrom 10:00 to 17:00
- every Fridayfrom 10:00 to 17:00
- every Saturdayfrom 11:00 to 17:00
- every Sundayfrom 11:00 to 17:00